American individuals, estates, foundations and corporations contributed an estimated $390.05 billion to U.S. charities in 2016
2016 Charitable Donation by Source:
- Donation by individuals totaled $281.86 billion+3.9%
- Donation by foundations totaled $59.28 billion +3.6%
- Donation by bequest totaled $30.36 billion -9%
Individuals sector is the major source of charity donation. It is very competitive in the donation market with a lot fundraising platform. Need more alternative fundraising method such as cashback offered by CharityiBonus.com
2016 Charitable Donation by Category:
- Donation to religion $122.94 billion +3%.
- Donationto education $59.77 billion +3.6%
- Donation to human services totaling $46.80 billion +4.0 %
- Donation to foundations$40.56 billion +3.1%
- Donation to health organizations $33.14 billion+5.7%
- Donation to public-society benefit organizations $29.89 billion+3.7%
- Donation to arts, culture, and humanities is $18.21 billion, +6.4%
- Donation to international affairs $22.03 billion+5.8%
- Donation to environment and animal organizations is $11.05 billion+7.2%.
- Donation to individuals is $7.12 billion, -2.5%
Although religion is still the major beneficiary sector, its growth rate is the slowest of all.
Data Sourced: Giving USA Foundation.